Guided by our core values of Family and Social Responsibility, Hunter Industries has a longstanding history of supporting local communities with charitable giving efforts. We believe sharing profits with qualifying nonprofit organizations is an essential part of being a good corporate citizen. Our guidelines for corporate philanthropy are described below. We also provide product donations for certain projects. Learn more about product donation guidelines
Raising the quality of education and training in the communities where we live, work, and play helps provide Hunter with a strong workforce. Communities also benefit because higher education levels correlate with more income and better jobs. Here are examples of programs, projects, and organizations that we support:
- Local educational programs at all levels*
- Local colleges and universities
- Irrigation and landscape lighting industry education
- Local scholarship funds
We believe our success is tied to the health and welfare of our local communities. We are dedicated to helping the most vulnerable populations and enriching lives to ensure inclusive, diverse, and creative communities. Here are examples of programs, projects, and organizations that we support:
- Community development programs serving underprivileged local groups, including children, seniors, and minorities
- Enabling arts and culture experiences for local students with limited access Learn more about our employee volunteer programs .
- Local organizations where our contributions make a recognizable impact
The sustainable use of natural resources and conservation of land and water are important to Hunter Industries. We strive to minimize our operational impacts and contribute to support organizations that protect the environment. Here are examples of programs, projects, and organizations that we support:
- Local programs related to water conservation and the protection of natural resources
- Educational efforts that focus on sustainability and conservation
Nonprofit organization Reach Out & Read prepares young children to succeed in school by partnering with doctors to encourage families to read together. Pediatricians give books to children and show parents how to use these tools to promote cognitive development and an affinity for lifelong learning.
With our support, five health clinics in North County San Diego helped distribute 2,195 books to pediatric patients in 2020. Learn more about Reach Out & Read at rorsd.org
A program of:
For more than 40 years, The Elizabeth Hospice, the largest independent nonprofit hospice provider in California, has been guiding patients and their families through the challenges associated with a life-threatening illness and helping grieving children and adults feel hopeful about their future. Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has touched the lives of more than 115,000 people in San Diego County and Southwest Riverside County. They ensure that all people in the community have an experienced trusted resource for hospice care, palliative care, and grief support regardless of their ability to pay. Their mission is to enhance the quality of life for those nearing the end of life’s journey and for those who grieve.
For the past 13 years, Hunter Industries has played a significant role in ensuring that The Elizabeth Hospice has the resources necessary to help with the physical and emotional needs of more than 5,200 children and adults annually who face the challenges brought on by advanced life-limiting illness.
Submit a Proposal
Deadline to apply is January 31, 2022. All proposals must include the following information:
- How did you hear about Hunter Industries Charitable Giving?
- The specific need fulfilled by this request
- The mission of the organization
- The impact on the population served
- The amount of funds requested
- A summary of how the funds will be spent
- Calendar or fiscal year budget structure (if fiscal, provide the cycle; e.g., July 1 to June 30)
- Copies of IRS Form 990 for the past two years
- The date the funds are needed
- Operating budget for the current year
- Contact information, including name, phone number, and email address
Please email all proposals to:Melissa.Nicolas@hunterindustries.com