Guided by our core values of Family and Social Responsibility, Hunter Industries has a longstanding history of supporting local communities with charitable giving efforts. We believe sharing profits with qualifying nonprofit organizations is an essential part of being a good corporate citizen. Our guidelines for corporate philanthropy are described below. We also provide product donations for certain projects. Learn more about product donation guidelines
Raising the quality of education and training in the communities where we live, work, and play helps provide Hunter with a strong workforce. Communities also benefit because higher education levels correlate with more income and better jobs. Here are examples of programs, projects, and organizations that we support:
- Local educational programs at all levels*
- Local colleges and universities
- Irrigation and landscape lighting industry education
- Local scholarship funds
We believe our success is tied to the health and welfare of our local communities. We are dedicated to helping the most vulnerable populations and enriching lives to ensure inclusive, diverse, and creative communities. Here are examples of programs, projects, and organizations that we support:
- Community development programs serving underprivileged local groups, including children, seniors, and minorities
- Enabling arts and culture experiences for local students with limited access Learn more about our employee volunteer programs .
- Local organizations where our contributions make a recognizable impact
The sustainable use of natural resources and conservation of land and water are important to Hunter Industries. We strive to minimize our operational impacts and contribute to support organizations that protect the environment. Here are examples of programs, projects, and organizations that we support:
- Local programs related to water conservation and the protection of natural resources
- Educational efforts that focus on sustainability and conservation
Nonprofit organization Reach Out & Read prepares young children to succeed in school by partnering with doctors to encourage families to read together. Pediatricians give books to children and show parents how to use these tools to promote cognitive development and an affinity for lifelong learning.
With our support, five health clinics in North County San Diego helped distribute 2,195 books to pediatric patients in 2020. Learn more about Reach Out & Read at rorsd.org
A program of:
Submit a Proposal
The 2021 application period is currently closed. Please check back in October 2021 for our 2022 grant cycle.