One Controller at a Time
Innovative Partnership Creates Jobs and Reduces E-waste
The production of e-waste is skyrocketing. Nearly 54 million tons of e-waste were discarded globally in 2019 — an amount that’s expected to increase to 74.7 million tons a year by 2030.
Sadly, less than 20% of e-waste is recycled annually.
How Hunter Is Helping
At Hunter Industries, we’re striving to improve that figure by expanding our Irrigation Controller Recycling Program to customers nationwide.
Watch the video to see how our partnership with Blue Star Recyclers helps keep irrigation controller e-waste out of landfills.
Since launching our pilot program 2.5 years ago, we’ve recycled more than 12,000 lbs of controller e-waste through our partnership with nonprofit organization Blue Star Recyclers. We’ve also helped support their mission of creating jobs for people with autism and other disabilities through their recycling operations.
How You Can Help
By getting involved, you’ll provide critical employment opportunities while keeping e-waste out of landfills through ethical recycling. Click here to locate controller recycling locations. Participating requires minimal effort and cost:
- Sign up for a free Hunter Preferred Program (HPP) account*.
- Collect old irrigation controllers from customers and contractors.
- * Ship up to 55 lbs of collected controller e-waste to Blue Star Recyclers. Hunter Industries will pay the recycling fees! View full program details.
- * BONUS: If you’re a Gold or Platinum Hunter Preferred Program member, we’ll cover your shipping fees too!
- Must meet $5,000 HPP minimum purchase threshold prior to participating in the Irrigation Controller Recycling Program.
* Program running through September 30, 2021
At Hunter Industries, we’re committed to creating a sustainable organization that achieves a balance between the people we serve, the planet we impact, and the profits we earn. This program is just one of the ways we’re striving to safeguard our world for future generations while caring for the global community and the people in it.